Early Years Pupil Premium
EARLY YEARS PUPIL PREMIUM SUMMER TERM 2016
We were funded for Early Years Pupil Premium for 19 children.
5 children received Speech and Language Therapy as they were working significantly below Age Related Expectations upon entry to Nursery School in Communication and Language, we paid a total of £563.40 towards the cost of this, plus an additional £460 for resources for staff to use once they have been trained in I Can Early Years Talk Boost which will take place in the autumn term. A member of staff also worked one day per week running speech and language groups, alongside our Speech and Language Therapist. As a result of this intervention (which had been on going for the academic year 15-16) 60% of this group of pupils made accelerated progress and by the end of the year were working at Age Related Expectations in Communication and Language.
13 children were working significantly below Age Related Expectations upon entry to Nursery School in Knowledge and Understanding of the World as well as Communication and Language, so we paid for Living Eggs and Butterflies to come into the Nursery School at a cost of £269. We held a family farm experience at the Nursery School and supported the cost of this for families who were eligible for EYPP.By the end of the academic year 69% of these pupils made accelerated progress and were working at Age Related Expectations.
We bought additional resources to support the Literacy, Mathematics and fine motor skills as 10 children were working significantly below Age Related Expectations upon entry to Nursery School. By the end of the academic year 50% of these pupils had made accelerated progress and were working at Age Related Expectations.
AUTUMN TERM 2016 AND SPRING TERM 2017
We received £1,930.90 for these blocks of funding for 11 children who we received EYPP funding (13.5% of the school cohort). 2 of these children were and are still receiving specialist support for speech and language from our SALT (18.2% of EYPP eligible children).
Data for the eligible children held on Target Tracker showed that the majority of children were working below age related expectations in Speaking, Moving and Handling, Feelings, Relationships, both aspects of Literacy and Mathematics for our N1 children and both aspects of Literacy and Mathematics for our N2 children. As a result of the data both allocations have been spent on the following;
- Yearly subscription for Widget Software which allows us to print off signs and notices to support Sign4 learning. This supports children’s development in Speaking, Feelings and Relationships.
- The staff have received training on I can Early Talk Boost at a cost of £293.70 to support Communication and Language skills.
- Mini whiteboards, pens and rubbers to support literacy and mathematics at a cost of £130.
- Jolly Phonics handbook and CD to support the teaching of phonics at a cost of £40.
- Hear myself phones to support literacy and speaking at cost of £22.
- A range of different mark making resources at a cost of £50.
- A range of smaller bikes and trikes to support our younger children at a cost of £365.
- The remaining money has been put towards the cost of monthly SALT visits.
We will be purchasing some resources to further support reading and writing as well as Mathematical development in the summer term once the budget re opens again.