Safeguarding is everybody’s business. Knowles Nursery School is committed to ensuring that all our children and young people are safe and feel safe; that children, parents/carers and staff are able to talk about any safeguarding concerns and feel assured that they will be listened to; and that all staff and volunteers are aware of and implement safeguarding procedures and guidance, including what to do if they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
In any case where an adult is concerned that a child is, or may be, at risk of significant harm they must make a referral directly to Milton Keynes Council Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) see contact details below
If a child or other person is at immediate risk of harm, the first response should always be to call the police on 999.
Safeguarding and the welfare of children is the responsibility of all school staff.
We will ensure there are appropriate systems in place when making decisions, taking action and deciding what services to provide to protect individual children. In line with the Education Act 2002, we will ensure that arrangements are in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people by:
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop, where they feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Providing children and young people with opportunities to discuss issues and report problems affecting their safety and welfare .
- Safeguarding their welfare, particularly those children and young people who are most disadvantaged.
- Including opportunities in the curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognize and stay safe from abuse.
- Ensuring safe recruitment practices .
- Ensuring robust procedures for recognition and referral where there are welfare or child protection concerns.
- Raising awareness amongst staff of child protection issues and ensuring staff are equipped to deal with concerns and keep children safe.
- Monitoring and supporting children and young people who are in care or subject to child protection plans and contributing to the implementation of their plan.
- Promoting partnership working with parents and professionals
.Key Contacts In School:
- Headteacher: Natalie Fowler (01908 373753)
- Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead: Natalie Fowler (01908 373753)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Sally Megram (Senior Teacher) 01908 373753
- Designated E-Safety Lead: Natalie Fowler (01908 373753)
- Members of Designated E-Safety Team: Stephanie Webb (01908 373753)
- Designated LAC (Looked After Children) Lead: Natalie Fowler (01908 373753)
- Chair of Governing Body: Deborah Stockwell-Riddy (01908 373753)
- Designated Governor of Safeguarding: Deborah Stockwell-Riddy (01908 373753)
- Local Authority Designated Office (LADO) 01908 254306 email: lado@Milton-keynes.gov.uk Milton Keynes Safeguarding Children Board (MKSCB) – http://www.mkscb.org/
- Milton Keynes Council Safeguarding Children – www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/children-young-people-families/children-s-social-care/safeguarding-children
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) 01908 253169 or 253170 during office hours or Emergency Social Work Team 01908 265545 out of office hours email: email@example.com
- Click to view our Child Protection Policy